Friday, October 27, 2023

On to Ketogenic Eating

 So after my body adapted to this way of eating, no sugar and around 50 or so other carbs a day I began to lose weight. Water weight at first but then a gradual but consistent weight loss that ultimately totaled around 70 lbs after about a year. I didn’t really cut calories of the non-carbs. And I tried to add more exercise to my life which was easier the more weight I lost. I started walking to the fast-food places where I would eat, having as ketogenic a meal as I could. However the addiction to eating just for the pleasure of eating wasn’t being addressed so falling off the program became a limiting factor and slowly but inexorably I gained back about 40 lbs. You kid yourself into believing that if you can make a keto version of your addictive foods you can literally have your cake and eat it too. The reality is you still want the real thing and eating a sham version of your favorites only deepens your desire for the real thing. You just yo-yo back and forth with your weight going up and down five or so lbs and not making any real progress. More about that later.

No comments: